Have you ever wondered why SEO is so important, or how having a well optimized site can lead to more sales? Well, we have some stats you really need to see.
Mobile SEO Stats
- People search for nearby businesses – 76% of smartphone users who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day.
- Be easily reachable – 60% of smartphone users have used the “click to call” option to contact a business directly.
- Downloading an app is a hassle – 50% of smartphone users use a website’s mobile page to avoid downloading their app.
- Promote relevant products – 63% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies who recommend relevant products.
- Make it personal – 58% of smartphone users feel more favourably towards sites that remember who they are and past behaviours.
Google SEO Stats
- They dominate at home – Over 86% of desktop searches use Google.
- They dominate on the go – Nearly 95% of mobile searches use Google.
- “I’ll Google it”– Approximately 63,000 searches are conducted on Google every second. That’s 5.6 billion, every single day.
- Not just once – A survey found that 84% of respondents use Google at least three times a day.
- Room for improvement – More than 50% of searches end without a click.
Local SEO Stats
- Support Local – 46% of all Google searches are for a local business or service.
- Local conversions – 28% of local searches result in a purchase.
- Everyone loves local – 97% of google users search for local businesses.
- Monthly – 54% of all google users search for local businesses every month
- Daily – 12% search every single day!
Ranking SEO Stats
- Big slice of pie – The first five organic results account for 67% of all clicks.
- It’s not a sprint – Only 5.7% of pages on the first page of Google are within first year of publication
- It’s a marathon – Nearly 60% of pages on the first page of Google are at least three years old.
- Think big – The average top-ranking page also ranks in the top ten for around 1000 other keywords.
- Off-page is important – Companies with blogs get 97% more links to their website.
Finally, there is one more extremely important thing to understand: SEO is always changing. While Google never gives any straight answers, it is estimated that they make 500 to 600 changes to their algorithm every single year.
They aren’t always game changing, focus shifting updates, but sometimes they are.
When you’re busy running an entire business, keeping tabs on Google’s daily changes to SEO and making sure you’re optimized can stretch you pretty thin.
SIVA knows SEO.
Put your marketing in the hands of experts and we’ll even audit your website, social media, or both, for free.