Dedicated to revolutionizing the way business is done in the province, the Ontario Centre For Innovation (OCI) has developed a program to foster growth and technological adoption. The Digital Modernization and Adoption Plan is the perfect way for your organization to assess your technology needs, guide decision-making, and get the most for your technology investments.
“There are a few sectors such as agriculture, construction, food and beverage, and manufacturing where we suspect digital adoption has been low, and we will be making a concerted effort to reach firms in these sectors,” Chris Ritchie, Business Development Lead at Ontario Centre of Innovation.
Who Is Eligible For Digital Modernization Funding?
To be eligible for the Digital Modernization and Adoption Plan applications must:
- Be incorporated federally or provincially with a valid business number;
- Be a for-profit, privately owned business;
- Have between 1 and 499 full-time employees;
- Have a permanent establishment in Ontario
What Activities Are Eligible For The Digital Modernization and Adoption Plan?
Funding is available for any project that meets the following criteria:
- Creation of an effective Digital Modernization and Adoption Plan to enable your small- to medium-sized enterprise to adopt digital technology and transform into a more productive organization to drive growth;
- Utilization of a contracted Digital Adoption Consultant from the roster of Digital Transformation Centre to assist the development of an appropriate Digital Modernization and Adoption Plan.
Is There A Deadline To Apply?
Good news! The program now has a rolling application process in place, so there is no deadline! However, that doesn’t mean you should wait. Adopting modern technology is essential to your business’s success, so there’s no reason to get started as soon as possible.
For help with applying for this program (and others like it), click here.
I Have Completed The DMAP Program, Now What?
With a plan in place, now it’s time to implement that plan! Luckily, there’s another program that can support you with even more funding: The Technology Demonstration Program (TDP).
This program is designed for those who have completed the DMAP program and are ready to take the next steps.
The TDP program also accepts applications on a rolling basis, so there’s no deadline. However, there are a few more criteria you must meet to be eligible. Along with the criteria listed above (for DMAP), you must also:
- Have completed a Digital Modernization and Adoption Program Project; and
- Have at least $500,000 of annual revenues in one of the previous three tax years.
Eligible activities for DMAP funding include:
- Support the adoption and implantation of commercialized digital technology by an SME in partnership with a digital vendor and alignment with their complete DMAP;
- Are a partnership between the SME and a technology vendor firm that is preferably located in Ontario; and
- Significantly accelerate the SME’s digital transformation, on their commercialized technologies, and have a high impact on the business.
For those who complete the DMAP program, meet all other eligibility criteria, and participate in eligible activities, the TDP program offers applicants up to 50% of eligible costs, up to $150,000!For help with applying for this program (and others like it), click here.