My Non-Siva Website Has Been Hacked!
Are you in need of immediate assistance to fix your hacked site? Don't waste any time, every minute you wait jeopardizes your business and your reputation. Contact us right now!
What does a "hacked website" mean?
Generally, any website that has been accessed by a third-party for malicious intent is considered to be ‘hacked’. This can affect your website in a multitude of different ways including:
- Redirecting visitors to malicious websites instead of taking them to the actual website (common)
- Using server resources to run malicious scripts, or just simply using server resources for your own gain (common)
- Embedding malicious scripts into the website in an attempt to get visitors to download malicious files
- Changing text, images, or content in any way for malicious intent
- Stealing client information, website data, and accessing other connected systems maliciously (uncommon)
How can this affect my business?
Having a hacked website online can affect your business in a multitude of different ways, most importantly your business reputation and your overall SEO:
- Your customers might be being redirected to malicious websites which will cause them to ditch your brand forever
- The moment Google detects your website is hacked it gets flagged and removed from all search results
- Your domain could also be blacklisted forever, as well as your hosting
- If you leave it for too long or depending on the severity of the hack your website could be unrecoverable
How do sites get hacked?
There are many different ways someone could gain access to your website with malicious intent, and there are many different ways to protect against such attacks. The main causes are generally:
- Website credentials leaked, stolen, or unsuspecting employees being social engineered
- Domain access stolen, leaked, or socially engineered (varying levels – domain registrar, CDN, hosting)
- Weak passwords being guessed or cracked through brute force
- Database infiltration through DDOS, leaked credentials, or SQL injection
- Exploits in server OS or web framework from lack of update (most common)
What should I do, and how can it be fixed?
Contact us right away! Give us a call at 705-716-1676 or email us at [email protected] so we can start the process of fixing your hacked website. The longer you wait the worse it will get.
There are a few ways to go about fixing a hacked website, but it really depends on a case by case basis. We will run through an initial diagnosis to determine the root of the hack and determine what we need to do to remove it:
- Scan and remove malicious files if we are certain the hack is contained
- Quarantine the website or directory to ensure it doesn’t spread
- Update everything, add malware scanning at varying levels
- If the hack is bad enough your only option could be a nuke and re-build
How does Siva protect against hacks?
When your website is hosted by Siva, we take every precaution to ensure unauthorized access. We protect your website in many different ways, and are always working hard to ensure your website stays live and protected:
- Daily malware scans, malicious scripts killed in real-time
- Daily back-ups, multiple redundant systems, multiple ways to back-up and restore
- DDOS and bruteforce protection, IP blocking, malicious traffic detection
- Uptime tracking, admin login tracking, access alerts
- 24/7 website support, maintenance packages available